SMSB business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves.
To preserve the confidentiality of all information provided by you, we maintain the following privacy policies:
- Only personal information are collected which we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business as required by the Regulator.
- Personal information collected would provide us with better understanding of your needs and would assist us in improving our service to you.
- We shall not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you. With your consent/permission also, we may pass your personal information to other SMSB agents, as permitted by law.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- It is our aim and required by the regulator to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information would be kept for 7 years as stipulated under MSBA 2011 after each completed transaction or after our relationship ended.
- We will maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All SMSB staff and all third parties with permitted access to our information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at SMSB will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
The following section provides specific details of how Suria Muhabat Sdn Bhd (SMSB) treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
SMSB, security is our top priority. SMSB (‘the Company’) will strive at all times to ensure that your personal
data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment
to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
The secure area of our website supports the use of necessary Security protocol and industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data.
Our web servers are protected behind “firewalls” and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the
Company will comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in Malaysia concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
Both you and the Company play an important role in protecting against online fraud.
You should be careful that your details including your User ID, Password,
Security Device and/or Security Code are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share,
provide or facilitate unauthorized use of it. Do not share your User ID, Password,
Security Device and/or Security Code or allow access or use of it/them by others.
We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
You should safeguard your unique User ID, Password and Security Code by keeping them secret and confidential.
Never write them down or share their details with anyone. The Company will never ask you for your Internet Password,
in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing your unique Password and where relevant,
your unique User ID for the first time, do not create it/them using easily identifiable information such as your birthday,
telephone number or a recognizable part of your name. If you think your User ID, Password,
Security Device and/or Security Code has/have been disclosed to a third party,
is/are lost or stolen and unauthorized transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
Marketing Promotions: Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those
individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone, or at one of our branches).
Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information.
We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think,
may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You may receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email promotional direct mail,
you will always have an opportunity to opt out. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct emails,
please send us a message or write to:
Suria Muhabat Sdn Bhd
NO G 53 & 53A Ground Floor
South City Plaza
43300 Seri Kembangan
NOTICE RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (THE “PDPA”)
- The Company views your personal data and privacy seriously.
This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Individuals may have supplied and may continue from time to time,
supply SMSB with their personal data and information (“data”) in connection with the money services business or compliance with any laws,
guidelines or requests issued by regulatory or other authorities. The Company may also verify or
source personal information about you from third party sources (both public and private) such as
Companies Commission and Insolvency Department. Your visit to our public website may be recorded
for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”.
- Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, education, race, ethnic origin, nationality, citizenship), contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family), occupation details (such as employer name, income range, job title, job responsibilities and employer’s contact information and address. In addition, the Company may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for the Company in conducting its money services business as required by the regulator.
- Failure to supply such data may result in the Company being unable to establish, continue or provide the money services business, services or facilities or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- It is also the case that data are collected from:
- customers and other sources in the ordinary course of the continuation of the money business services, for example, when customers exchanging currencies (foreign or RM) or conducting remittances business,
- a person acting on behalf of the individual whose data are provided, and
- other sources (for example, information obtained from any bureaus or agencies established or to be established by Bank Negara Malaysia or any of its subsidiaries, or by any other authorities such as the Malaysian Association of Money Services Business (MAMSB).
- The purposes for which data may be used and/or processed are as follows:
- Applications and the processing of applications for remittances business;
- Money changing business, services and/or facilities provided to customers;
- Updating customers’ records;
- Designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
- Marketing services or products of the Company including but not limited to:
- Financial services and products; and
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products.
- For fraud or crime prevention, audit and in order that services may be processed by the Company;
- For investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to breach of money services business secrecy/confidential information, fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and criminal activities generally;
- Meeting obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, of the Company or any of its branches to comply with, or in connection with;
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, voluntary code, sanctions regime, within or outside Malaysia existing currently and in the future (“Laws”);
- any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside Malaysia existing currently and in the future and any international guidance, internal policies or procedures;
- any present or future contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, judicial, administrative, public or law enforcement body, or governmental, tax, revenue, monetary, securities or futures exchange, court, central bank or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial service providers or any of their agents with jurisdiction over all or any part of the Company (together the “Authorities” and each an “Authority”) that is assumed by, imposed on or applicable to the Company or any of its branches; or
- any agreement or treaty between Authorities;
- Complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within the Company and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any programmes for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- Conducting any action to meet obligations of the Company to comply with Laws or international guidance or regulatory requests relating to or in connection with the detection, investigation and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, fraud, evasion of economic or trade sanctions and/or any acts or attempts to circumvent or violate any Laws relating to these matters;
- Meeting any obligations of the Company to comply with any demand or request from the Authorities;
- Enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Company, or participant or sub-participant of the Company’s rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- Market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- For any purpose required by law or regulation;
- For the purpose of enforcing its legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- To support the Company’s business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making;
- For making enquiries or investigations as to whether or not the customer or person whose data is collected, used and/or processed by the Company is actually a sanctioned person, or is otherwise howsoever related to, or associated with, a sanctioned person or entity; and also for the reporting or the taking of any remedial or preventive action in relation thereto;
- For all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services;
- For internal operational requirements of the Company (including, without limitation, risk management, system or product development and planning, audit and administrative purposes); and/or
- Purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by the Company will be kept confidential but the Company may provide or disclose such information to the following parties (whether within or outside Malaysia) for the purposes set out in paragraph 6 (who may also subsequently process, transfer and disclose such data for the purposes set out in paragraph 6):
- Any SMSB branches;
- Any agent, contractor, sub-contractors, service providers, lawyers, auctioneers, valuers or associates of the Company (including their employees, directors, officers, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
- Any third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business (including their employees, directors and officers);
- Any Authorities;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including any SMSB branches which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- Any persons acting on behalf of an individual whose data are provided, payment recipients, beneficiaries, account nominees, intermediary, and correspondent and agent banks;
- Any person to whom the Company or any of its branches is under an obligation or required or expected to make disclosure for the purposes of any guidelines set out, or in connection with paragraph 6;
- Third party reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers;
- Any bureaus or agencies established or to be established by Bank Negara Malaysia (including the Central Credit Reference Information System – “CCRIS”) or any of its subsidiaries, or by any other regulatory authorities; the Malaysian Association of Money Services Business (MAMSB).
- Under and in accordance with the provisions of the PDPA and the Code of Practice approved and issued under the PDPA, any individual may:-
- Check whether the Company holds data about him/her and of access to such data;
- Request the Company to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate;
- Request clarification on the Company’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Company;
- 9. In accordance with the terms of the PDPA, the Company has the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request.
- The individual can request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by mail to the address below or by visiting any of the Company’s branches to complete the data access form.
The Administration Manager
Suria Muhabat Sdn Bhd
No. G 53 & 53A,South City Plaza
43300 Seri Kembangan
Tel : +603 8945 5302
Email : email@example.com
- If you have any queries or complaints relating to this Notice or otherwise relating to misuse or suspected misuse of your personal information, you may send us a message via email or contact Administration Manager.
- The Company reserves the right to amend this Notice at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the Company’s website or the Company’s branches or via any other mode the Company views suitable.
- Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers or the Company under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Where the customer is a partnership (that is not registered under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012) or other unincorporated body of persons, the giving of this Notice addressed to the partnership or the unincorporated body of persons shall be deemed as notice given to all the partners or office-bearers (as the case may be) of such customer whose data are collected and/or processed by the Company for the purposes as stated herein. In this regard, the customer warrants that the customer has obtained the consent of all such individuals to the provision of their data to the Company for the foregoing purposes and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated above and the customer undertakes to extend a copy of this Notice to all such individuals, which expression shall include all such existing and new partners or office-bearers (as the case may be) of the customer from time to time.
- Aside from customers, this Notice shall also apply (as the context shall require) in relation to the usage, processing and disclosure of the data of any other individual who is not a customer but whose data is required to be collected by the Company by reason of, or incidental to, the provision of any services and/or facilities by the Company to its customers, whether the customer concerned is another individual(s) or is a company, business entity or organisation. In this regard, the customer confirms and warrants that the customer has obtained the consent of such individuals to the provision of such data to the Company for the foregoing purposes and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated above.
- Your continued usage of the services and/or facilities is deemed consent for the Company to collect, process and store the data in accordance with the above. Failure to consent to the above may result in the Company being unable to open, establish, continue or provide the services or facilities to you.